The Society for Education and the Advancement of Research in Connected Health (SEARCH) started in 2016 as a small team of academics, researchers, and clinical professionals who met to discuss the need for:
- A society of connected health researchers—free from commercial bias—to prove (or disprove) the benefits of telemedicine
- An annual meeting of open discussion revolving around telemedicine research, findings, and national priorities with the goal to share the findings and foster research collaborations among researchers and organizations who wish to define and develop the field of connected health research.
- SEARCH2016 – Nashville, Tennessee
- SEARCH2017 Spring – Leesburg, Virginia
- SEARCH2017 Fall – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- SEARCH2018 – San Diego, California
- National Telehealth Research Symposium 2019 – Chicago, Illinois
- SEARCH 2020 The National Telehealth Research Symposium – Virtual
- SEARCH 2021 The National Telehealth Research Symposium – Virtual
- SEARCH 2022 The National Telehealth Research Symposium – Virtual
- SEARCH 2023 | To be announced
SEARCH has developed into a society with a goal to promote connected health programs through the use of evidenced-based research.