Telemedicine and e-Health is the leading peer-reviewed journal for cutting-edge telemedicine applications for achieving optimal patient care and outcomes. It places special emphasis on the impact of telemedicine on the quality, cost effectiveness, and access to healthcare. Telemedicine applications play an increasingly important role in health care. They offer indispensable tools for home healthcare, remote patient monitoring, and disease management, not only for rural health and battlefield care, but also for nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and maritime and aviation settings. Telemedicine and e-Health offers timely coverage of the advances in technology that offer practitioners, medical centers, and hospitals new and innovative options for managing patient care, electronic records, and medical billing.
The abstract submission period has officially ended and the call for abstracts is closed.
All Accepted abstracts for SEARCH 2023 – The National Telehealth Research Symposium, will be announced on Tuesday, August 1, 2023!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- All submissions must be sent via the abstract submission portal linked above.
- Your abstract must have four sections:
Background (1,000 character limit), Methods (1,250 character limit), Results (1,250 character limit), and Conclusion (1,000 character limit).
- Abstracts written to promote a product, company, or service will NOT be considered.
- Abstracts will be reviewed and selected for presentation based on the scoring guidelines provided below.
- Upon notification of acceptance, you will have two weeks to confirm and register for the conference.
- Focus areas:
- Evidence-based research that supports the benefits of connected health systems (e.g., telemedicine, telehealth, eHealth, mHealth)
- Quality initiatives and telehealth measures
- Telehealth training programs and education
- Are the in-text citations included within the character limits, and should we include a final section for the full references after the Conclusion portion?
- No, you do not need to include full references with your abstract submission. Any in-text citations you choose to include will go towards the word count.
- As Telemedicine and e-Health journal uses Mary Ann Liebert’s Vancouver reference format and will be publishing accepted abstracts from SEARCH 2023, should the references in this abstract be in the same formatting?
- Again, no need for references with this submission.
Your abstract could be chosen as a Poster or Podium presentation. If you are selected for a Podium presentation, sessions are approximately 45 – 60 minutes long and you will be assigned a speaking time ranging from 10 to 30 minutes plus Q&A time, depending on the specific session.
- Does the abstract offer new knowledge to conference attendees?
- Does the abstract highlight current connected health research endeavors and findings or identify the need for connected health research endeavors?
- Are there findings, strategies, and outcomes that may benefit other connected health endeavors?
- Does the abstract clearly, concisely, and logically convey the intent of the presentation and support the title, background, purpose, results and conclusions?
- Is the topic timely and relevant to the activities, initiatives, or direction of connected health?
- Does the abstract cover one or more of the stated focus areas?
4. NON-PROMOTIONAL/COMMERCIAL IN NATURE
- Does the abstract have any commercial affiliation that may impact the objectivity of the presentation?
|Call for Abstracts Opens||Monday, April 10, 2023 12:00 AM CST|
|Call for Abstracts Closes||Monday, July 17, 2023 11:59 PM CST|
|Notification of Acceptance Announced||Tuesday, August 1, 2023 10:00 AM CST|
|Confirmation of Prarticipation Due||Monday, August 21, 2023 11:59 PM CST|
- Registration & Lodging
- With great thanks to our partnering collaborators, all SEARCH 2023 registration fees have already been reduced! Those with abstracts accepted for presentation will be expected to pay for their own registration, travel, and lodging.
- If accepted for presentation at SEARCH 2023, researchers will be expected to join us in-person in Philadelphia, PA for their presentation during November 8-10, 2023.
- Podium presentations
- If you are selected for a podium presentation, sessions are approximately 45 – 60 minutes long and you will be assigned a speaking time ranging from 10 to 30 minutes plus Q&A time, depending on the specific session.
- Poster presentations
- The poster presentation session is approximately 60 minutes long and you must be available during the session for Q&A.
- You may also be invited develop a 1-minute research flash video recording to be shared during SEARCH2023.
- Specification will be provided upon notification of poster presentation acceptance.
- Posters must remain in place until the conclusion of the session